Whew! What a crazy few months we've had. We moved to Hazel Green, AL (to begin offically pastoring Hazel Green Bible Bethodist Church) in early Janurary to get settled in before baby Maddox would arrive.
Moving was -crazy-! Moving is always crazy!
We busily worked thru those few weeks trying to get everything on my "things to do before baby comes" list done.
Our last day at home before we would drive to Anniston to head to the hospital - I was touching up paint around the house and finishing small projects!
Feburary 12th at 11:50 a.m. - Baby Maddox was born!
-Maddox Andrew Crotts-
7lbs. 8ozs. 2o inches long.
Maddox was our baby after 'loss'. We begged God for him.
When he was born I couldn't stop crying.
What a gift!
Our family of 4!
The days following his birth were crazy!
Ava, Maddox and I went to SC to spend time with family and have some extra help while I recovered.
My time there included me developing a serious infection and being hospitalized for 2 days (with a 2 week old newborn). God bless those sweet nurses who took such good care of me and let me keep Maddox there with me!
We enjoyed time with family, and after 3 weeks finally made our way back home to find our new "normal".
Since december Andrew has been a full-time pastor. Very big change for our home-life! Ladies imagine suddenly your husband being home 'almost' all day! ahhhh.....at first we almost drove each other crazy! But as time passed we developed a new routine with Andrew spending half the day in his study and me home learning to care for both kids! Alone. Some days are easy....some not so easy! My used to be neat house is now very lived in. I struggle to keep it the way it used to look, but I am not always sucessful!
8 weeks have passed since Maddox's birth- 13 since we moved...
Things are coming around to a new normal I guess.
We live away from family now- which is quite different. We get lonely.
Some days it just hits me. I make it thru that day and usually the next is better.
I like the busy days. I LOVE friday nights- going out as a family.
God has a plan for us here. Honestly, sometimes I still wonder what it is- but He knows. I only need to know on a day-to-day basis. He knows the future. This is a life I didn't expect.
God led us to pastoring after making a 2hr Sunday morning drive for over a year. Filling in 2 times a month. It just fell into place over time.
*Pray for us*
God is helping, but we need His guidance.
We need His help on the tough days. The lonely days.
The days where Satan says "Why didn't you just stay where you were?" "Where life was easy, calm, and "normal". "Where you felt safe."
There are days where I miss our old house, our old life so much. I guess that just means we have precious memories to reflect on. A happy yesterday to remember.
We're trusting God to give us that here as well!





No comments:
Post a Comment