Monday, January 23, 2012

Time to make a change!



I reccently visited a relative's home and I was so impressed by how warm and inviting her home was! My style of decorating in my home has been solid colors, simple-sparse decorations, and some photographs of family. I realized we were lacking something huge!! Our house does not really feel like our "home." I am determined to change that.
The house we are living in is a small, old rental house. We may make it ours someday, still undecided on that. Regardless if you have a brand-new beautiful home, or something a lil more like ours...your house should be your "home"....your family's safe lil' place in this world. A place to rest and relax. A place to make memories together. A place of comfort!
I am having fun collecting some things to use in my changes. I was already thinking a while back about doing a photo frame border in the corner of our front living room, but have decided to do a photo wall or a few instead,lol. I am collecting frames to re-paint.The original pictures will be removed and replaced with my own.
Its fun finding different shapes and sizes...
This is the space I am working on
I am really excited to work on this!!
Heres what I've started with...Had to do SOMETHING to hide this thermostat box.
This frame was $0.79.
I still need to add fabric to the front to hide it completely!
Stay tuned..hope to have more to post soon!! =)

1 comment:

  1. Neat post. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm sure it'll be beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete